Chelsea Housing Authority administers state and federally supported affordable housing programs for low-income family, elderly and disabled households.
State Application and Federal Application forms can be accessed here.
For Additional information on these programs, the waiting lists, and Chelsea Housing Authority's eligibility requirements, click the links below in the FORMS and LINKS section.
Public Housing Programs
There are two types of public housing programs available to low-income households looking for federally or state subsidized housing assistance:
Elderly/Disabled Public Housing
- the CHA oversees 3 elderly/disabled developments
Family Public Housing
- The "Margolis" building is our one federal elderly/disabled developments located at 260 Clark Ave is a 13 story high rise building consisting of 151 units
- The "Union Park" development is one of our two state elderly/disabled developments located in several locations: Sixth, Walnut, Orange, and Spruce Street.
This development consists of 56 units.
- The "Buckley" Building is a high rise state elderly/disabled building located at 14 Bloomingdale Street consisting of 209 units.
- the CHA oversees five family developments
- The CHA manages three state developments: Fitzpatrick, Prattville, and Innes consist of 294 units total.
- The CHA manages two federal family developments: Mace and scrivano which consist of 199 units total
There are three types of housing choice voucher programs available to low-income households looking for federally or state subsidized housing assistance:
- Centralized Section 8
- Alternative Housing Voucher Program (AHVP)
- Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program